Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:52:54 — 103.7MB) | Embed
It begins! That’s right, this is our very first episode of Wildstar Radio! Wildstar Radio, a division of Protostar Corporation, will deliver you the latest news from around the Nexus. Your hosts for this adventure are Carla, Joe, and Drew. Hang on! You are in for a wild ride!
For our first episode, we decided to bring everyone up-to-date with us. We decided to go back to the official website and look all the way back at the history of the game in the making. Needless to say, this is a longer podcast than normal, but so worth the listen!
News Around The Nexus:
- Hybrid gameplay – http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_making_games_with_jeremy_gaffney.php http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/sandboxes_and_theme_parks_further_analysis.php
- Meet the crew – http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/5895/WildStar-Meet-the-Granok.html http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/5904/Meet-the-Aurin.html http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/5914/WildStar-Meet-the-Human.html
- Quality of Life – http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_jeremy_gaffney_on_quality_of_life_features.php
- Player Housing! http://youtu.be/cLevSG75zQg
- Introduction to the Economy – http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_introduction_to_economy.php
- October State of the Game – http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_october_state_of_the_game.php
- Events ingame – http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_shades_eve.php
- December State of the Game – http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_december_state_of_the_game.php
Jan 2nd – Openness of the community team – http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_welcome_to_2013.php
Jan 9th – Interview with a Tester (Part 1) – http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/blog/wildstar_wednesday_interview_with_a_tester.php
If you have questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a moment to leave us a positive review on iTunes! That is how we move up the iTunes ladder.
Thank you, EVERYONE, for listening!
Some music provided by Carbine.
Yey ! Love it … <3
Thank you for listening!
An all right podcast. The two Guys are really good. But the Woman on there To much of AWESOME and I am SO EXCITED just a little bit to much of that every time you talk you say something along that and I get the feeling you are not prepared and not really with good knowledge of the MMO market. There are a couple of points you make a somewhat knowledgeable comments on tough. I will give you a chance and see How you guys improve.
This is my opinion, and I don’t care if you think I am wrong.
Thank you for the feedback! I was just so excited to finally get this show started. The excitement was genuine. All first podcasts are usually a work in progress and need improvement in one or two areas. Stick around, you may just like how it levels out. Oh and we don’t mind differing opinions, but we won’t feed the trolls (I am certainly not saying you are a troll, just making a point.). :)
Cool show, ran into some of you guys back when Tor was still coming, over all good show (whens the next), and what do you think the job or advanced classes being done something in Final Fantasy 14, were you can switch out of jobs and level each up as you see fit
I am with Carla, I want player housing like in UO. We had a player city in UO on our Server, Willowport, which was the arch rival to Freeport, the “evil city” and our wars and open pvp was epic, and the RP was incredible. I had a mages tower and I had every kind of crafting accoutrement you could imagine, which brings me to my hope of our homes being customizable. I loved crafting in UO cause I could go home, store everything, do everything, place on vendors, and be done with it. Now, I DO love having companions to do work as well, but, I was always a miner. Even my 7 gm mage was a miner! I have always loved mining (and no I dont know why).
I am not really interested in the whole “frontier” aspect, but the mechanics alone give me something to really love about the game! So glad you all are now doing this! Keep it up!